I disagree with the whole mobile segment thing - note though that it's only my opinion. I think it would have been a good idea to develop a mobile game maybe 3 years ago when no one, esp. the big studios, noticed how much money you could make in that sector. Nowadays from what I heard it's pretty much impossible to sell more than a handful of copies (if any) there because of the sheer amount and flood of titles. No matter how cool your indie game is it can and most likely will get buried below a magnitude of titles of big name studios and other indie games which got a lot of coverage.
The PC market is a different one, there you don't need to reach the masses of players of which some may spend a cent or two on your product (how would you reach them as a hobby dev with pretty much no marketing budget?), instead you have a crowd of partially passionate gamers who actively research indie games, gamers who are not afraid to spend real money (up to 20 bucks) on your game, youtube channels and individuals which can give you vital coverage and after all there's Steam with 100 million active gamer accounts.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends