turret.angle += mouse_force.x;

//to move forward into the direction of the panel angle
	//you need someone else to help you 
	//but thats one way, you can set the panel.angle 
	//......
}

untested..

observe the usage of time_step ,this is because
you want your movement to act the same on computers with different speeds (frame rate), you can
solidify this time_step increments by setting the max
allowed frames per second through fps_max , usually
as a standard the eye of a human when it comes to
animation perceived by rapid frame changes ,is most
comfortable and easily tricked at 60 frames per second , 60 hz is also a general frequency update for
a computer screen , so it is advisable to set your max_fps=60 somewhere in the first line of your application entry point (the main function) .

another tip , like I said , it is best to stick to integer
values when your dealing with 2d sizes and positions , even though you could step in smaller increments during each frame for movement , ultimately your still dealing with pixels wich cannot have half sized pixels ,for example there is no position 0.5 by 0.5 on a computer screen in terms of pixels , yes ultimately luckily for you the size of the panel is integers also but it is best as I said to stick to integers on sizes and positions in 2d , but you may increase movement by using numbers with values exceeding the decimal , I know multiplication by 0.5 represent half af a number but sizes are integers here luckily for you , the problem however is that you may end up teaching yourself a habbit wich could apply badly to different cases , you are free to ignore this obviously ,just giving my 2cents ..

have fun .

Last edited by Wjbender; 11/21/14 20:47.

Compulsive compiler