Hey guys,

here's a little update on Rigid Force Alpha. Since my last post I rewrote major parts of the game code and also did some redesign of gameplay systems.

You can now charge your weapon's special function over three levels, depending on how many energy capsules you have collected (visualized by the horizontal bar in the lower screen center). Additionally, you can charge a combo bar by killing enemies. When maxed out, you can unleash a powerful smart bomb attack which instantly kills smaller enemies and bullets around your ship and inflicts heavy damage to larger opponents. This also triggers a combo mode for highscore players. Just two changes of many, but I don't want to bother you with too many details.

Apart from that, both of our composers now finished their tasks which leaves us with a great soundtrack of roughly 40 minutes length. It's a well-balanced mixture of rock, orchestral and electronic elements. And kudos also to Kartoffel, who has built some nice models and also made several improvements to the rendering pipeline. Without that, the shots below would not look half as good. laugh

Speaking of those shots, I also worked on effects and level design/art which can be seen below - these are just some impressions from the Toxic Jungle stage, including the boss enemy, which I'm currently still working on.

It's all wip, but don't let that keep you from giving us feedback. laugh

More stuff, news and updates as always via
- IndieDB: www.indiedb.com/games/rigid-force-alpha
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/com8com1
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoUxO4vIzEZLhvOQSDsxbQ (we should really post a new video soon...)