Quote:
As I see that nowadays public doesn't really understand and like too simplified games, maybe I'll change the concept and style grin I liked to keep it simple as it is, with enemies which are only 2D, always rotated towards the player etc.. but I see that not much of people understand this kind of outdated look nowadays frown

I was aiming to get this kind of style at the end, I've already said that all sprites are placeholder, but well...
, no that is not the problem. Sorry to say this, but it is about the art direction / artwork of e.g. the weapons that is lacking. It just isn't good. The pistol doesn't look like a pistol, the machine doesn't look like a machine gun etc. Wolfenstein 3D has also very pixellated graphics, yet you can clearly see the pistol is a pistol. Even better comparison is the image you showed there of 8BIT KILLER, you can clearly see that the weapon is a rifle/shotgun and the enemies are clubmen/barbarians. Even though the creator only uses a few pixels for each object.

And besides graphics are important for these games (whether it is good pixellated graphics or good realistic graphics or some other art direction), since you can't do much besides the firing and walking etc. you need to have some eye candy on the screen. wink

But maybe it is not only the texture but also the low video resolution (or it looks like that anyway).

Anyway I do think this is a good start so I hope you aren't disappointed or something like that, just keep it up and I am sure it will be great.

ps: is 8BIT KILLER any good? Looks quite fun.