Originally Posted By: Wjbender
those screens looks way good , reminds me off outlaws comical style a bit.

Well I am actually too old to even be around on this forums so I do understand the whole style of your game , and yes even doom II had the same ammo style .

I just think there's some things that could have been improved upon in the old games that could stil have made the style and games good , like the reloading ,though I know this is all your choices .

yip the a.i is good in my opinion , and the test level is really tight which makes it difficult , well I remember games with this style of key cards like doom and level styles like wolfenstein , I like the rise of the triad and duke nukem level style more though as a personal opinion.

well, this screens are almost the way I want my game to looks like at the end, I'll think about reloading, but probably I'll leave it as it is. cause once again, I'm not aiming at making better oldschool game, but I'm trying to recreate the feeling that you are currently playing one.

Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
, no that is not the problem. Sorry to say this, but it is about the art direction / artwork of e.g. the weapons that is lacking. It just isn't good. The pistol doesn't look like a pistol, the machine doesn't look like a machine gun etc. Wolfenstein 3D has also very pixellated graphics, yet you can clearly see the pistol is a pistol. Even better comparison is the image you showed there of 8BIT KILLER, you can clearly see that the weapon is a rifle/shotgun and the enemies are clubmen/barbarians. Even though the creator only uses a few pixels for each object.

And besides graphics are important for these games (whether it is good pixellated graphics or good realistic graphics or some other art direction), since you can't do much besides the firing and walking etc. you need to have some eye candy on the screen. wink

But maybe it is not only the texture but also the low video resolution (or it looks like that anyway).

Anyway I do think this is a good start so I hope you aren't disappointed or something like that, just keep it up and I am sure it will be great.
Ohh my... do you guys really ignore 'placeholder' word in every single post I've posted above? grin Or maybe you ignored, or didn't see that this is a WIP project? Or maybe you missed this one?
Quote:
who knows maybe this time (hopefully) I'll make this one till the end, so I'll look for an artist to draw this kind of 8-bit sprites and textures.
Once again, you are looking in a wrong direction when you start talking about graphics.. There are more important things at this stage of development. The current look is just about 10 % of what I would like to have.. F.e. does your 'fps coop Reconnaissance' project look the way you wanted it to be like at the end of development? Does it equal to the 'quality' you are aiming at at the end? I don't thing so. wink

Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
ps: is 8BIT KILLER any good? Looks quite fun.
Well, I'm not advertising anything, but it's really good! Same as gun godz, but it's wasn't as interesting for me, as 8bit killer, which has that really 'oldschool' feeling... it's really feels like you are playing an old NES game laugh

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung