Quote:
I don't think that you can point out any old fps game (older than wolf3d and doom) which has some really good weapon mechanics. In wolf3d weapon doesn't even blob? grin But thats the way old games are made, and thats what makes 8bit killer look like pretty old game.
, yeah but why make a game and leave almost strictly better features out of it? Its pure nostalgia.

I can't give you your list cause it doesn't make any sense to base a fps gameplay off fps's gameplay released before the wolfenstein 3d time. That being said, Alien vs Predator (1994) was released before doom 2 and was totally awesome and innovative (I know not released before wolfenstein 3d, but still very old). Talking about awesome hit sounds and hit impacts.

Honourable mentions:
- Heretic 1994
- Rise of the Triad 1994

Its a bit like someone would make a warcraft 1 like rts but doesn't add the ability to use your mouse to select several units at once. tongue While adding that feature would not kill off any nostalgia feelings, in fact I think it would only enforce nostalgia feelings cause the player won't be distracted by annoying controls (or lame hit events when talking about fps games).