Originally Posted By: byakuren81
I encourage you to check the code in the following chapters of this book and compare as he will use it again and sometimes with the mistakes corrected or with new ones.

Hi boatman & byakuren81,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to lite-C, but an experienced MQL coder looking for alternative platforms.

I'm also working on this Ehlers' stuff in MQ4 at the moment, which should result in similar code structures.

Actually I interpret your code that the upper and lower cutoff periods are user's inputs. Correct? If so, you should change the power decay factor 0.995 (or 0.991 according to page 103 of Ehlers' book) accordingly. That hardcoded value is only valid for the standard set of parameters (10,48). I developed the general formula for this. If you should be interested, and would share it.

And you seem to utilize a Zorro standard function for the Roofing Filter part of your algorithm. Is this based on a 1-pole or a 2-pole high-pass? Should be 2-pole in this case to work correctly.

My initial results regarding the Dominant Cycle output were not really promising on FX data. Much too busy, even on Daily prices. I'm not sure whether this is caused by the nature of the FX data itself or by a bug that I introduced. Will carry on ...

Cheers, simplex

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)