Quote:
So, I'm curious, why is that there is pretty much no interest by most users to ever really learn programming and instead either copy and paste or move things around until they work?
, depends on what you mean 'learn programming'. Do you mean how to program good games? Or maybe a step futher how programming and computers really work?

For me personally, I am mostly interested in making fun & good games/simulations. The programming is for me is the means and not the goal. Though sometimes I have fun with programming too, like with messing around with AI or such.

In general though I try to force myself to sometimes read something about a game design topic or more about programming. But that is to train myself in making better and more fun creations, so here too it is for me not the goal but the means. And my interests lies more in learning through doing (but not as a headless chicken just changing stuff till it works tongue , I do want to understand why something works and why something else does not work) and reading through other people's questions and solutions (like on a forum).