^+1

I personal have(had) changed in my evolution of coding. Three larger changers came in commenting, creating call out functions and building organized libraries to include in projects.

These changes are(were) my signs of a movement to programming design and not game result designs.
I can ask how to make a panel slide right from left to center of the screen. This might be a few lines of code. Next time I need this code, I could look it up in my project code. However, these days if there is a base function that can be applied over and over, I would take this code and build a call-out function.

Anyway, that isn't making sense. First you create game results, next you change to creating functions that can be used in any game, finally you start to bundle functions into libraries for all your projects. That is a evolution of making a game to designing programming with the engine. What the next step in learning to be a programmer is, I have no clue. And that is what stops me from moving on to it. (Aside from the fact that I had a long vacation from programming and need to reacquire my before mentioned skills.)

@Sid I had ask when you where working on the other engine, if you would every create a course that was "Learn to Program in c/c++ through video games." If you notice the tutorials here are aimed at teaching results focused goals. We learn that we can us pointer to achieve a selected result and that further it can possible be used in similar result focused tasks. Questions of programming are not really spoken of here. I get asked often in pm's "How to animate a player model." and I am not a programmer like you, however, the question should be "how do I design an animation machine that can animate any character." Furthermore I should be able to answer in design langue and not code lines.

I'm rambling ... Sorry
Mal

Last edited by Malice; 04/13/15 16:58.