Hi,

I'm trying to create a small game that uses physics to move a ball around on a small flat table by tilting the table, I have successfully added physics to the ball (as far as I know) from the example in the workshops but I'm having a hard time setting up the table.

I first tried to simply set the table to tilt/roll using mouse_force.x and mouse_force.y and was able to get the table to move as I wanted it to but without adding the 'pXent_settype' I found that the ball would go right through the table.

I then tried to add physics to the table using PH_BOX, but the table is then subject to gravity (just like the ball) and falls out of sight.

My latest attempt was to set the table to
Code:
pXent_settype(me, PH_RIGID, PH_PLANE);

and the table stays where I put it but now the movement of the mouse no longer affects the tilt/roll of the table.

does anyone know if/how I can set-up the physics on the table so that the ball will not go through the table but still be able to make the table tilt/roll with the movement of the mouse and not have it fall with gravity?

any and all help with this is appreciated laugh

edit: I recently found the includes folder and opened ackphysX.h and am reading through it to try to figure this out, but still any help from experienced users is appreciated.

Last edited by kornstar; 05/05/15 03:15.