I dont know if anyone will ever read this, but here's my thoughts on the subject for the past 15 years.

15 years ago I came up with this:
Quote:
Analysis of a situation , and change in the method of analysis depending on the outcome of the analysis of that situation.

This is my definition of a true A.I. This is what a machine needs to do in order to perform "thinking".

The difference with today's A.I. is that it just reacts to a particular situation depending on its programming. Maybe if you add a little learning, it might appear smart, but it still reacts according to the programming.

To become a true A.I. today's A.I. needs to change its behavior depending on the situation, which said simply means to act differently each time it encounters the same situation. This is essentially learning. To do better and better the same task every time.

In order to accomplish this, it is necessary (I think) to re-program itself, meaning to change its 'conditional statements' on the fly, to change the way it reacts to a situation in such a way to get the most out of its capabilities.

And, another thought I've been having for years, but started thinking more in-depth today.

I've been always wandering why is everyone forgetting stuff. But, its not exactly forgetting, because something lingers afterwards. A feeling that you have forgotten to do something... Or, the feeling when you have somebody's name on the tip of your tongue, but it doesnt come out...
I came up with a theory, about the reason why this is happening.

The brain is large. Scientists believe its divided in sections which, I dont know what the scientists are thinking, but I believe they just store memory in the neurons. (Imagine having a separate HDD with information for each section of a coca-cola producing machine... One for making bottles, one for pouring liquid, one for labeling, one for packaging...) But, the capacity to store that information is a limited space, something around 1300g. What would happen if you want to store 40 years of video feed with an extremely large pixel count? Add to that audio and tactile...It gets absurd to even think about this in terms of bytes.
And what about new data? If you've filled up your brain by the time you're 25 (when the brain stops growing) what happens after that? No new neurons are produced...
Recently Google developed a way to store more information in less space. WebP images. It predicts the next segment and saves the difference between the actual and the prediction data. Minimalistic...

So, my further thoughts on that subject are, what if the brain actually saves data in such a way, that one neuron holds memory for more than one 'byte', or for more than one memory...
Depending on which neuron comes before it (if you know anything about neural networks) it might produce different results... And I'm not talking just about different stimulation and On/Off switches. I'm talking about saving mixed up memories in the same set of neurons, depending on where that information came from (from which other group of neurons or sensors). This way you get a much more efficient system for memory storage, but, again, it produces those 'tip of the tongue' experiences, or feelings that you're forgetting something, because only a fraction of it remains, notifying the rest of the 'memory block' that something was there. I dont know what happens after that, the actual process of remembering this memory, but it sounds reasonable for our small brains to act this way in order to save that much data.

I hope I've given you at least something to think about while sitting on the toilet grin

I cant wait to see a real A.I...its exactly what the world needs...now...

PS.: Oh, and by the way, these thoughts are giving a slight hint to why humans are using 5% of their brain at any moment...You're remembering something particular, no matter if its 3 times 2, what you did on september 6-th last year or calculating the wind speed for a sniper shot (which is essentialy just like remembering...) You're using the exact piece of your brain that you need at this moment, and nothing more. The rest might be a hug from your mother, or you pissing your bed at 7 laugh Plus, it consumes precious energy from your organism...Energy that you might need for calculating the gravity pull of your sniper bullet after the wind...

Anyone have any thoughts?

Feel free to 'express' yourself grin

Last edited by EpsiloN; 07/04/15 20:34.

Extensive Multiplayer tutorial:
http://mesetts.com/index.php?page=201