Quote:
To become a true A.I. today's A.I. needs to change its behavior depending on the situation, which said simply means to act differently each time it encounters the same situation.

I don't think it is that simple to be honest. For instance, the AI needs some kind of feedback about how
"right" or "wrong" the actions it performs are. By having it seek "right" behaviour and avoid "wrong"
actions it can develop into some direction at least. If it doesn't have any feedback like this it will
just continue to act randomly without being able to form any kind of distinct behaviour.

Edit: to put this into practise:
If you want an AI-controlled actor to follow another actor you provide him different things it can
output (could be movement keys in this example) aswell as inputs (position of both actors should be enough).
If it gets closer to the target tell the AI that it's actions are right, if it's getting further
away tell it that it's behaving in the wrong way.

However... for this to work, the AI needs to be capable of understanding how the other actor behaves and
how it's outputs ("pressing movement keys") affect the inputs (actor positions).

Last edited by Kartoffel; 07/04/15 22:59.

POTATO-MAN saves the day! - Random