Quote:
You cant provide it with feedback about its behavior, or it wont be a true A.I.

I still dont get how this could work. Humans get this kind of feedback all the time.

And like I've said, I can't think of a way that an AI like this can develop a destict behaiviour without any clues.
It doesn't matter which information you feed it with. Images, sounds, position values.. it cannot connect the dots
on its own (at least not consistently) because it would never have a clue which interpretation or reaction is right.

Just imagine a game where you have to touch something with your cursor, but on your screen there's just random
noise because you don't know how to interpret the information you're given. There are countless ways to interpret what
you're seeing and you cannot know which one is right. Actually, you wouldn't even know that touching the thing is
your objective. You also wouldn't know what a mouse, a cursor or movement itself is.

...so you don't know if you're getting closer or further away from the object. You also woudn't recognize if you've won the game.
The only thing you could do is continuing to act randomly without ever knowing what's going on.

Last edited by Kartoffel; 07/05/15 21:42. Reason: typos

POTATO-MAN saves the day! - Random