Hi!

So I'm thinking of giving Gamestudio a try as I'm also at another section of the forums, the Zorro project creating a trading robot (at least trying :D).

As I've also started to program Python my interest in games development started to grow. I've done some research online and there are a lot of development platforms to choose from. What I can tell, Unity/Unreal Engine are maybe the most popular platforms out there.

The thing that worries me are the activity in this forum and such, for now example there are only 5-20 people viewing the forums for example, the latest threads in several categories are dated a while back and so on. And under features it says

Quote:
Gamestudio's A8 engine was developed in 2010 and is one of the fastest and most robust engines available.

And 2010 is 5 years ago, and I guessed there's happened much things since then. So I'm worried that 3d gamestudio is outdated and wont get any updates/maintenance. Also, when I get stuck, it feels good to have a forum where you can post threads to get help.

So why should I come here instead of for example Unity?