I actually haven't started on learning Unity yet, even though I have it installed on my computer. Eventually I would like to, but first I am concentrating on creating my first game engine with Gamestudio. I started using Gamestudio in 2009 with the intent of creating a video game, so I am concentrating on accomplishing that goal before thinking about moving onto other systems.

I have pretty much no experience with Unity yet, but I hear that it requires less programming than Gamestudio does. Unity supposedly has a lot more pre-built code functionalities that do not require coding, since they are already made?

I personally like Gamestudio, because I feel that I am developing my programming skill more from the ground up, and I feel more in control of my game development. Almost everything that shows up in my Gamestudio video game, I programmed it myself using Lite-C.

Once I am finished with my Gamestudio game engine though, I plan on learning how to use Unity as well.

If you want to really improve your programming skills, maybe Gamestudio is the better bet? If you want your game development to be easier to accomplish, with a more powerful program, then perhaps Unity is the better bet?

Plus, Unity is free. They only require something like a 5% royalty fee if you make over $100,000 per year in selling your video games. Other than that, it is free.

Gamestudio is not free, but you do not owe any royalties to Gamestudio, should your game make any money.

Last edited by Ruben; 07/23/15 17:56.