Thanks jcl, I understand fully now.

This -is actual part of my lack of understanding. I had submitted a "blame the manual" post about not only correcting the chart but possibly about a rewrite of this section. It is one that has caused me the most trouble, from confusion.

Thank you for your time
Mal

Quote:
Still c_updatehull should than update the bounding box too right?

It does in fact do just that. If the collision hull is a shape around the player, the bounding box sets how far into that shape a penetration can happen. We c_updatehull is called, it creates the hull at largest needed size (at a frame), and set the bounding box at that size as well. So it's updating the bounding box to the max limits of the hull. Then using vec_for_min/max you can shrink the bounding box, allowing more penetration into the hull shape before a collision stop is triggered. Hull's would be something we do not see or really deal with at all. They are engine level items. The need for c_updatehull as a command, it would seem, exist only for the reason stated in the manual - So we can force a recalculation after make a deformation or other shape change to the model.

I hope I am both right and you understand now. c_updatehull sets the box to the max size of the hull every time. Not the real size of the player.

Last edited by Malice; 09/15/15 17:09.