My opinion is near the same.

Here is how i can see this thing:
I am registered here from September of 2009. In the first time i didn't take the challenge, because i didn't feel myself is enough good to, and i saw the contest always after the deadline.
Later, i saw when the final results were posted, and i think i will be a participant in next time. And more later, felt what a pity, i couldn't participate again, because i was too late.
Last two-three times i decided, i will be a participant if the theme of the contest will fit to my knowledge.
The last one would be OK for me, i think. That could be happen, i can't finish my work at the given deadline, but i would try to do.
This is the reason why i feel so, that is a very silly thing when the contest announcement is in the downloadable version and doesn't in in the online version.
I must confess, it is very rare when i download the AUM. Preferably i browse the online one.
Now i decided, i will not participate in any contest in the future.
Although it would be really useful, because i am working on a really cool project (a GUI builder), but maybe i will give up my project, it has no reason to put more effort into that.