Originally Posted By: Malice
Never had the issue, however use my own path code not this function.

Simple debugging
Code:
action monster_code()
{
var I_live=0;
   if(my)
   beep();
   ent_movepath(me, "path_001", 2, 1+2); // THIS CODE HERE

while(1)
   {
if(my)
I_live=1;
     DEBUG_VAR(my.x,50);
     DEBUG_VAR(my.y,100);
     DEBUG_VAR(my.z,150);
     DEBUG_VAR(I_live,200);

wait(1);
   }
}

If you see red numbers and any are none zero, the ent was created, most likely the path name is wrong. Also listen for the BEEP - if you hear the BEEP but do not get the numbers , then ent has slipped into a black hole and become uncreated.

Thank you Malice.

Strange. The beep sounded. The x and y red numbers are both increasing rapidly, while the z red number stays at the same number. It seems that for some reason, the monster is being moved continuously with the x and y coordinates.

Also, the number 1 in red showed up underneath the top three values, showing that the monster entity was created.

When I comment out the ent_movepath() code in the monster_code() function, the entity loads in the spot where I put it, and the red numbers are above 0, and not changing.

So, it appears that the ent_movepath() function is somehow causing the entity to move continuously with the x and y coordinates.

I set the path along the spiral staircase in a tower, although I noticed that the yellow lines representing the path showed up on top of the tower, instead of inside the tower. I am not sure if that has anything to do with the error.

Last edited by Ruben; 10/28/15 06:28.