I arrived to an idea about the transformation of this game. I guess I found a simple system that has few things to do with the original. The main stream runs around moving followers while placing cards. These follower movements are not seen in Carcassonne, so the game might be transformed so deep that could become unrecognizable at the end of the process. I hope it funny. It is hard to know...

It is (temporaly) called OLIGOPOLY: A game of winning the greater acceptance on the population of a growing city with the help of your followers that act (at least) as politicians, police and journalists: the trident of a self-respecting oligarch grin

The game occurs in a city crossed by a large avenue (Cs river) surrounded by streets that form little districs (Cs farms) and parks (Cs cities). Since moving followers will need more paths than the paths created by Carcassonnes cards, cards will need more crossings and less three/four sided district and park cards. So the final distribution would be plenty of little districs and parks. Here is my first task: draw such a card deck that enables such a city.

More news next days!