It's still viable. It's not being developed at any measured pace. Lite-c is Better than the unreal blueprints system, because it is as easy to learn and use for the most part, It teaches real programming that transfers to learning Java,ect..(Well it did for me), It's way faster to work in and revise.

Sure the tools need a work over. And no doubt that port-exports for mobile and now possible linux are needed.

I think this engine can get new life if there was a chuck of game releases by us and more community effort. Fact is no one knows what it is and why to use it. Unity and Unreal have massive market presence. But true be told Unreal is very heavy for lower level users. Unity also lacks the low-level learn and use curve of 3dgs. But both have flashy UI's and Great graphics displaying. However, there are games genres in the indie world that fit best here and can be made quicker with 3dgs.

-- I recently read about the death and rebirth of the game woolfe - the red hood dairies, The team lead believed that a indie team could make a AAA looking game. He didn't want geared down graphics and movements. He admits he fully failed and that it couldn't be done so. Studio Rebellion, bought out the game, is fulling the broken kickstarter rewards and retooling the game.

However a team of 6 could do a lot with this engine. Both still the core engine needs reworking. I'd keep WED MED if they reworked the core. We know it's slow and inefficient.

Ok
Mal