Quote:
it is also described in an old Game Programming Gems book article, that for beginners a non object oriented script language is easier, especially because they can work in an experimental way, i.e. in fast coding-compiling-testing loops.
this is how I had worked with 3dgs. but when my project became large and complex I sucked a lot because of it, I had to re-plan and rework totally my code structure and all my scipts. twice at least, each costing 2-3 months. so now I do more careful planning, similarly to object oriented programming, but fortunately 3dgs offers the fast testing of the little new script additions.
, that is what I had experienced too. In the beginning it went quite well, doing the tutorials etc. Experimenting with AI and the legendary Acknex characters, like: wizard.mdl, sf_women.mdl and enemy.mdl (with the green hair grin ). Than I tried to do big projects like Diablo clones etc. and it became a complete mess. Now I do more careful planning & especially better/cleaner code writing and it goes quite well again.

Quote:
WED MED are a bigger problem than the engine itself, imho.
, yes completely agree (especially WED) and lack of linux & android support (which will force quite alot to use an other engine).

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 11/05/15 13:08.