I just managed to create a somewhat working first person playercode (finally)

In all my previous attempts something went horribly wrong when I tried to implement stuff like max walkable gound-angles
or being able to traverse actual stairs (movement between higher and lowere surfaces without a smooth transition).
Some weird things happened like the player constantly bouncing up and down a few centimeters or flying up into the sky
when hitting an object at the wrong angle (yes I'm talking about you c_trace(, , USE_BOX) mad).

...Acknex's collision system was a pain in the ass to deal with but I could somehow work my way around it.

Right now there's pretty solid walking and jumping mechanics, you don't fall through small holes in the ground, you can walk
stairs and other objects with small height differences without flying all over the place and you slide off surfaces that are
too steep to stand on while correctly keeping the velocity you had before 'hitting' the surface.
The stair thing was the most annoying one... c_trace with USE_BOX doesn't give you the exact ground normal and you needed
to take a run-up when trying to go up some stairs grin. However, I kind of fixed it and I hope it's solid enough now.

The next thing to implement would be standing on moving or rotating objects aswell as jumping off of them and the way the
player's velocity is retained while in the air and maybe some quake-like bunnyhopping mechanics laugh.

Well, long post and mostly ranting... Maybe I'll upload a small demo soon.

POTATO-MAN saves the day! - Random