Quote:
Hi,
I like turn based strategy games. The most indeed. In opposite to Reconnoiter, I like a bit of randomness where infallibility is broken and you need to adapt your strategy to previous results. I liked the focus of Omerta - City of Gangters a lot. It is half turn based and half real time. Cool enviroment and unit upgrades.

Unit movement is a part of the whole. The most important thing is having multiple chances to play with, I think.

Thank you for this feedback and I'll try to play test everyone's example games to get the feel of it all.
Quote:
Have you tried other shooter rpg games like Fallout(3/NV/4) and Deus Ex(1 if you don't mind outdated graphics, 3 is good too)? Perhaps the Stalker series, though personally it couldn't get my attention.
Those games do have alot to offer so they should be less repetive, but sadly can't be coop'ed (except through some wip mods).

I own deus Ex 1, but never play it, I'll give it a new try as I can't recall why it just sits in my steam lib. Probably because I just don't play games. I also own Half-Life 2 , and even put in some real play time. I'll do another hour with it to refresh my mind. As for any network play - I hate it! Coop or pvp. It's often like stepping on to a national football team(US or European football) and trying to play at that level of skill. Your teammates hate you and your opponents hold no respect for you. Granted, if you are a excellent footballer this is thrilling(I assume) but for me - whole sale unenjoyable.
Quote:
what would be the most importants things you would like to have in a game?

Oh that's a lot - Lets start with puzzle/problems, choice and solution. I love to problem solve. My favorite this is when a friend has a issue or broke item and no money to solve it. We must fix this with what's on hand. I get to use creativity and intelligence with an array of choice to find one solution where many are possible. So let's do a life-like example - You are placed in a room, and must get out. There is only one solution and one perfect item to escape. After an hour you find this binary solution. However this is not rewarding at all. You spent an hour failing Because it is a binary solution, you get no reward for creativity - you only had one choice. As for intelligence - your a dope, took you and hour to stumble on the only solution. OR it take you 3 seconds to escape - Again zero creativity it's a single binary solution. And intelligence is not required, you just grab the simple obvious solution everyone else will see near as quickly if not quicker.( a locked room with 3 tables, one lamp and a key!! Wow).
So times we get a trinary or quandary choice, there are 2 to 3 simple fixed solutions to leaving the room/puzzle. Wow.
Now for another example - You are place in a locked room with 300 unique objects, of these object there is a 1:4 solution possibility and 1:8 combination rate. You can use and combine objects to escape the room. Creativity - There is by far more the one solution and many choices, while one person my choose the dry ice and bubble-gum(random talk), you choose to combine the lamp, cat-food-can and magnet. So you are thinking using logic and choice and creativity, not just randomly testing each object( this is where, you pick up and try each object one by one, till one opens the door, it's repetitive and random and basic.) Intelligence - You get a real reward here, the faster you get out. The smart you use your choices and creativity the better you feel about it.
Now there is the risk of game time bogging down. Not if you keep it rapid, take when I am solving a code problem or fixing someone's code. I might see the answer of hand, bang done. Or I am have a general idea about the fix, try 3 mods on the code rapidly, bam fixed. Maybe I have no idea, grab some manual info, do 10-20 code mods rapidly the whole time stepping and restepping the logic and design in my imagination. Maybe takes some time, but fixed and very rewarding.

Ok If you want to know more, I post a next section on how game design can be solely based on hand twice skill and hand timing, and how that sucks! I'll also talk about how the infinite/multiple life system can many time not be a benefit for a play, but used as a designer game aspect ( respectively dying is design into the game not a helper. Or as I can it fail-and-die till you get it perfect)

This took my slow mind like and hour to write(minus eating and making coffee) so I'm burned on writing it for now. And maybe this is a reflection of how rapidly things become boring and uninteresting to me.

Enjoy
Mal

EDIT - not rechecked for typo's and mistakes

Last edited by Malice; 11/20/15 20:47.