Quote:
@Malice, from what I have gathered, you find it fun if thinking creative rewards the player (did I understand that right?). In that case, I personally find Deus Ex 1 and Fallout series one of the few games that really do that (enough). You should try out Deus Ex with the next/upcoming version of the GDMX mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx (it enriches an already rich game with many new added options for items and improving ai in a fun way etc.).

Sold! If you have identified this than I will for sure give it a go, if only to see how well they do it and where they fail at it. Research !!! It's a shame that you say, many games don't have a focus on these things.

Anyways did you want me to continue my design rant/post, reveling my magnum opus?

Edit - planned topics
1)Hand twitch skills is the game! And require perfect timing in hand and button press.

2)Death as a function not a feature - and learning solving only by dying.

3)Kill as the main goal not a obstacle - and Focus on killing and innovation/ expansion in only killing methods. Many mod weapons, but single goal level mission with binary solutions.

4)Inventory limits expansion and hiding/holding

5)Exceeding human intelligence/ coordination /human common-sense. Hand and timing cause the game player to do things no real person would.

6) Boiling games done to stats and numbers as a primer game focus. Evil that destroys the fun of role-playing!( With understanding of pc game design limits)

7) more but that's enough for this week(next 7 days)

If you want to know about one or all let me know. You can pick a topic or ask a new one.

Mal

Last edited by Malice; 11/20/15 22:55.