Quote:
(a bit also why the mapping in some shooters is so simplified https://husks.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/game-design.jpg ).

Lmfao- That's a shame....
Quote:
well I can imagine its hard to create these games.
I personally really want to create games like these, but I am still a better gamer than a developer

I believe this is part of the business. I think many Devs would love to create amazing games, even it takes years. How ever game dev companies want to spit out games and fallow-ups rapid and repeatedly.
Shame is new and independent dev have no ability to achieve a magnum opus, due to staff and money. When they get a job with a company and huge budget and staff, now their forced to use it to spit out a call of duty every 6 months to a year, handicapping any chance of making gems and amazing games they truly want.
At one level it's just make any money and get in foot in the business. At the other level, it's just make as much money as fast as possible at any expense.

Mal

- Ok I keep writing about design, as per this thread. And maybe open other threads to talk about it outside this rant , and what we all feel about design.. i.e. platform what do you like and hate and what would you do differently?