Greetings, I have been exploring arrays a bit in the context of making an inventory. It seems to me that a relatively simple way to do this is by building a string array and then displaying it, most likely with a text box. The gamestudio manual, however, is fairly scarce on its treatment of String arrays, just making some mention of how they are similar to variable arrays.

With this in mind, I tried to directly define an array using STRING* filler[100]. The script is accepts this notation, but when I try to access an entry of it like I would a variable array (arrayname[entrynumber]) I get a launch error. The only message I am given is a ^before the name of the array entry I was trying to pull.

Am I not able to directly define an array like this, rather I have to manually enter in the various string into a text and use that as the array? My current project is displaying a series of variables, so I was going to translate each entry of the variable array over to an entry of the string array. Is there a better path to take?

Bonus: Also, I placed a vec_set(textname.blue,vector(100,100,100)); into my main function to change the text's color, but it remained white. Any ideas what is up with that?

Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited by Hawthourne; 12/10/15 22:58.