Oh don't worry about that, in fact it's a turn on a even older game. Like the old saying "There's nothing original under the Sun." These are kind of like new takes on old hand held games, wood and ball things.
My life, I've worked on game plots, books and comic book plots, and so much more. I've never found a simple idea that was original in whole.
When writing my novel, I found out about three other plots that where 100% same when summarized in short. However, when actual read the three plots and mine were as different as could be.
Clone is a ugly word, your game is only ever a clone, when you quickly copy the design of another game and push out a lesser game to capitalize on a currently hot market trend. I would say Star-Craft spawned many clones in RTS but not every RTS is a clone at all.
Please never abandon a thing, simple because of a similar product is out on the market. Originality is found in the execution and implantation of a Idea, never is the basic idea it's self.
The only thing about this other game to keep in mind is to plan your release date to either be out of time with they're releases or out shine they're releases. This game is already on STEAM I saw it like a week ago. I noted this similarities but never once thought either game could be a clone of the other.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ball+maze+toy&FORM=HDRSC2
Mal

Last edited by Malice; 12/20/15 20:25.