To jcl

I completely agree with what you say. I also understand wholly how important it is for Zorro to have some scripts up and running, as this will attract new users, who will then proceed towards becoming programmers, thus completing the virtuous circle.

I applaud you for releasing the Z systems, and would also add that your help pages and manual are excellent.

Following the disclaimer you've posted above, I'd like to make the following two observations. I'd also like to stress that this is entirely in the spirit of constructive criticism; anything else you could rightly disregard:

1 – New users are easily put off. Because they are likely to begin their Zorro career with the Z systems, I think you are mistaken not to publish results, including which broker, settings, and all other items germane and necessary to replicate your success in trading with the Z systems. Of course, you are not offering any guarantee of success - that's a given.

2 – New users are unlikely to be good programmers. They may be excellent at coming up with trading ideas, but these scripts may be lost to Zorro due to low user programming ability. Therefore the uptake of Zorro could well be affected.

In the light of 2 above, have you considered creating a script wizard? NinjaTrader has a very basic one – not that I like NinjaTrader at all; I discovered a bug in it a long time ago which I think may still be unfixed. AmiBroker has one, but I haven't tried it as I wished to get familiar with programming. There are several wizards for MetaTrader 4 and 5, but the stand-out one is at fxdreema.com.

Perhaps you'd consider asking Radoslav, the creator of fxDreema, if he'd like to develop a tool? He's based in Bulgaria.

As you rightly say, Zorro is a development platform, and from what I've seen an excellent one. Your addition of an API for Interactive Brokers just shows how serious you are in your endeavours. You thoroughly deserve to succeed.

But – and I think it's a big “but” – new users are your life-blood, and making access to Zorro easy (wizard), attractive (profits visible on Z systems, and how achieved), and inexpensive (which it is) are vital ingredients.

Thanks for an excellent product, which I hope continues to grow and improve. I look forward to being a small part of that journey!