nice business oriented dicision from amazon , they are so under rated .

yeah lua is pretty much the commonly accepted scripting integration among engines , and other types of applications .

in game engines it is mostly used for small scripts where the requirement of said script is not computationaly expensive , the usual approach is to keep your main code in languages such as c++ , and only option to use lua in engines for small operations .

the last engine i downloaded that i thought is going to rock the world ,was havok's project anarchy , which "concluded" a while back , i have to say i expected more from those guys regarding the lack of proffesionality on the release of project anarchy , i could not even find working links for forums or such , and there were some unexpected oddities during and after installation .

havok released quite a good version of the engine though ,also very component based and such but quite complicated when it comes to project setup / building and coding .

seems like everyone wants to jump in the mobile support pool but not all jump very gracefully.

Last edited by Wjbender; 02/14/16 11:27. Reason: havok != havoc

Compulsive compiler