I'd like to suggest a "Zorro Protocol" broker plugin. What I envision is:

- Zorro will support a basic TCP protocol and act as a client.

- Potential broker plugin developers who do not wish to write C++ plugins (there are a lot of developers who don't write C++ on Windows) can instead write Zorro bridge servers to brokers. Brokers can potentially deploy these servers or implement Zorro's protocol themselves if they wish.

- Zorro gets wider broker support and developer attention.

- Zorro can be listed as a partner gaining a little publicity.

I came up with this after trying to implement the Spotware Connect API. While it's relatively easy to communicate with the Spotware API (I have near zero C++ experience but managed to hack together a client for their TCP API with Boost::ASIO in a weekend), doing so while subjected to Zorro's constraints is extremely difficult.

It'd make my life much easier if I could just write a small server in Go/Python/Java/Javascript/C#/F#/non-Windows C++ and point Zorro at it.

On a related note, I'd also like to suggest a Spotware Connect broker plugin. Their APIs (there's a HTTP/JSON API for account data and historical ticks and a TCP API for live prices and trading) are well designed and easy to work with and implementing the one plugin gives you access to every broker that supports cTrader (there appear to be ~15 of them). I can share the code I hacked together to work with it if it's handy.

Last edited by Veratyr; 03/10/16 20:31.