Hey there,

I've already written a dll project which is simply able to initialize SteamAPI and query info from cloud and pass to game codes.
Yet unable to display steam overlay inside game window!
Steam SDK documents says that:
"The game doesn't need to do anything to have the overlay work, it automatically hooks in for any game launched via Steam. For development, when running your game in a debugger for example, the overlay is loaded when you call SteamAPI_Init(). You'll need to make sure to call SteamAPI_Init() before you initialize the OpenGL/D3D device, otherwise it won't be able to hook in. The overlay works with games that use OpenGL, or DirectX 7, 8, 9 or 10. Input has to be win32 or DirectInput. The Steam overlay will not show over software-rasterized games."

I have two main problems according to this explanation.
1-) When I'm in development enviroment. Game is actually not inside steam folders. So i need to properly inject my dll before D3D device initialized. How can I achive that?
(I already tried to self initialize SteamAPI inside dllmain.cpp entry point. It didn't worked)
2-) From user's perspective our game depends on launcher that asks to enter login info! (Please note that Launcher not developed using GameStudio) then launches game.exe. Which becomes more complicated as Steam will not recognize game.exe since needs to run Launcher first! Seems like I desperately need to initialize SteamAPI properly in order to make things work in real world.

Thanks in advance for your help.
*Edit: wrong file name extension

Last edited by Talemon; 04/21/16 13:11.