I have actually written a fairly detailed training course on using Zorro for automated trading. It consists of 4 levels, each of increasing complexity. I am in the process of delivering the Level 1 course to my first students. The course is being delivered across 2 days of lectures and 4 weeks of tutorials; we completed the 3rd tutorial this week.

The students have made amazing progress with Zorro - some had never done any coding prior to doing the course. In addition to the lectures and tutorials, the students receive a detailed manual, source code examples and around a dozen example strategies that can be used for demonstration purposes and for building upon.

I am considering offering an online version of the course via my website, but wanted to gauge the level of interest first. It would not be a free offering, which may not be aligned with the needs of the community here. If so, no hard feelings, I will continue to offer whatever support I can via the forums.

Let me know if this is something you might be interested in. I will also ask my current students to sign up to the forum and post some feedback about the Level 1 course.

JerryS, I also have a science background. I worked across multiple engineering disciplines for over a decade before getting into finance full time. I now manage the algorithmic division for a boutique hedge fund in Australia. Only 6 years ago, I'd never written a line of code in my life. Don't give up on Zorro - there is a lot to learn, but it is very achievable and very worthwhile. There is no other strategy development platform out there that can match what Zorro does.