@Kartoffel -> I do some mushing of shaders (With the little I know) to get a working version for whatever I need. So here in this case I dropped the "render twoside_alpha" bit into the pass for the animTree. If I needed a normal_mapping I'd work out hacking that in also. I've just learned this way, a good 50% reading up and tutorials and 100% try,fail,try again. 150% = learning things the hard way.
Code:
pass {CullMode = None; AlphaTestEnable = True; ZWriteEnable = true; VertexShader = compile vs_2_0 animTree_VS();

Possible you are seeing both my terrible texture and the add light + ambient effects of the shader. Actively shaded objects have a bit of light glow. I notice a touch of popping on screen and figured out it is the shader turning on and off in the clip range.
Here is the texture lol TGA2PNG for web hosting

- Funny story the need for a twosided material got added to the collection because I(and others) complained about wanting it to just be a WED ent flag. JCL would say how simple it was to add in code. Well we have a material that really isn't needed and JCL was right. However, ask me to explain the workings of the code snip beyond it's second layer of understanding and I still have no idea the answrs.

@Dooley - It's my understanding that in the end using this snip or the overlay both achieve the same thing -> running the entity in the solid pass. However, now I have to read up again to makes sure what I "think" and what is "true" are the same in that matter.

Last edited by Malice; 06/14/16 02:54.