Dear Pappemheimer,

I don't get you wrong.. I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for the wise words.
I agree that it is good for beginners and hobbyists, because that's what I am:-)

About giving some hints: This is exactly what I am doing at the moment. I am working on an Unreal Tournament-like game. At the same time, I write down, everyhting I do when building this level in PDF file. I want to create a detailed step-by-step tutorial that is easy to understand for beginners. A soon as it is finished I will post the document and the level here.

Some hints in advance: If you don't really know how to start with a first level.. think about your favourite games... collect some screenshots from your favourite games or images from 3d galleries like 3DTotal or others. Arrange the screenshots you like on blank in the way you would like to build your level.. This should give you a first idea of how to start...

Try to work with shadows.. place lights in way so that structures you build create interesting shadows to get some atmosphere.

Facade textures are hard to find in the INternet and it is cumbersome task to make them from scratch, so look for building models e.g. on Turbosquid. Look at the model pictures. Here, you can cut out elements for your own building textures. If you have any games at home, play them and make screenshot of the textures. You can use elements of these textures as a basis to make your own.

MOre tipps will come with the tutorial.. hope someone will find it helpful.

CHeers
Rince

Born for runes