Originally Posted By: Malice
There are some basic thing to figure out here. like
Sales goal - Are we releasing for money,attention or glory. Do we aim to sell the bundle, use it to call attention to acknex or as stated before for personal community recognition - leave our mark?
, glory and attention won't work I think. To many games for that. I think it would mostly some money and experience. And ofcourse fun along the way (when not debugging that is grin ).

Quote:
Time line - How long do we want to give the project from start till release? Having a deadline can help, and hamper. Giving time for people to find there projects, do added or touch-up work, while not bogging down with any one person. Providing time so people do not have to but full attention on this one goal or feel overly pressured to work on this.
, having a deadline is crucial I think. It may sound to serious, but otherwise it will just be delayed to often. Couple of months (6 months?) perhaps to mostly finish your project? Ofcourse after we are sure how the contract and organisation will be done ofcourse. (taking into account some reserve incase bugs etc. popup)

Quote:
Knowing that the option to include a part/demo/or trail of any project, I wonder if more will join.
, I personally think that it isn't a good plan to add all kinds of demo's etc. to it, atleast to me it makes a bit sound like a cheap/lame pack. I know its cliche but I think it does make sense here; less is more. No unnecessary stuff that no one will be playing anyway. It also will become messy when trying to figure out how to divide profits (in contrary to each just having 1 main project or a clear supporting role to other projects).

edit: also maybe a bit to early to bring up but also important to prevent misunderstandings; what kind of price are we thinking of to sell the package, with e.g. 5 (mini or semi-mini)games?

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 07/15/16 18:48.