@Reconnoiter
Quote:
, I dont understand, what project?

rayp's entry on page one of the thread hold way to many copyright characters. To see on Steam would could not use this. Or we would get kicked off and have to project shutdown by someone lawyers. On top the lawyer could make a suit to take all the money you earn from the package.
Quote:
I understand its early. But there will be a moment (happens to almost all game dev groups on the internet) where one or more will lose interest and motivation. Its not about dreams of gold, its about that you need some form to keep people motivated. Unless people have already (almost-)finished projects ofcourse that they wouldn't sell anywise. Besides, I am not going put effort into something for 3 months when we have no idea what to expect of it.

I still don't have a project in this, so it's still the dev's choices. Steam will want 15% off top to sell the package(I'll ask SuperKu for the exact number), our legal entity will need a percent to run - collect and pay out - website if needed - making posting hosting videos -ect, someone has to do this job and while theyt don't need a profit-share they need a work budget capital.
$10 a unit is a smart start target at this point that can be adjusted as we reach the end and see what we have as a whole package to sell.
I do not see any beginners or lazies in this group. So I do not think any of the dev's is going to do a cheap job. Therefore I would recommend 5 creators div the profit 5 ways at 20% each.
Now without a publisher to front money and spend on maintenance and other aspects. We get a package that sort of "as is" in legal terms. The person who buys it may end up with bugs or there may be a complete failure in one project. If the dev isn't fixing it. The project can and will die on Steam.
We could try and get a Publisher, however you will lose more 'off the top' up to another 60%, make 75% with Steams cut. Leaving 25%/5 people at equal 20% shares. Plus you'll all still need to fund the legal entity to do it's job.
Quote:
why not both? The game jam is great for new games/ideas, a pack is great for touching up semi-finished games. I mean why not, what is stopping us? Unity's CEO?

the only thing that can stop or slow y'all is your effort and attitude to the idea's and each other.

@exile
Quote:
Honestly why not just make this the Official 3DGS game jam? Six months, one unifying theme, one community driven team. Idunno, maybe a bit too ambitious but I would personally love the challenge and to be able to work with you guys. Maybe even make it the next contest? Just throwing around ideas.

I wouldn't try to make this a contest that way. I would say let people for teams, let them pay an entry fee. Winning team take the pot. Votes for outside the forum. In the end I would not team up in a AUM contest then fight over who gets the one pro key....