As I come from Mt4 I compare it with their method.

As far as I remember (that's why I don't have link) during the optimization (here training) in "Genetic-Mode" a table is created ordered acc. to the chosen value that has to be maximized.

At the beginning the parameter setup seems to be quite randomly but later most of variations from the top of that table are chosen. Once and a while a 'lucky punch' is tried from the middle of that table. In general even if the amount of possible setups is very, very high (~trillion) after 10'000 to 15'000 passes (seems to be the stop criterion) you get a quite useful result.

There is only one problem. The 'ini-part' can return a "INIT_PARAMETERS_INCORRECT" but this is taken by their Genetic algorithm as a valid pass (with result 0) in influences therefore the stop criterion which is of course influenced by the amount of passes done.
Without this little problem it seems to be a very simple and conducive solution.

This is quite helpful if you develop you system as you can start with a lot of parameters to optimize to find out which of them matters and which can be set as constants.

Calli

Last edited by Calli; 08/13/16 10:19.