Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
@Painkiller, I indeed think George uploaded the old version since the one you uploaded is a bit more stable. I still got some funny errors, e.g. when being stuck to the side of a platform I jumped and got thrown in the sky grin :

A bit annoying was that after I landed from this huge jump I got errors in the enemy script so I could not respawn (had to quit the game).
Another bug was near the elevator, where I jumped on it while it was rising and for some reason the player didn't land properly and a few seconds later I was dead (bugged gravity code?, I have some similar issues with that in my own physx game).
I also suck at platforming so I didn't finish your game. Bugs aside though, it is a good base for a minigame and what is there looks pretty good and there is also physics which is helpful for who want to use that. Gameplay wise it misses something like blocking/parry (if I overlooked a key please correct me) or some alternate attack and map could use some crates or other obstacles.

I voted for project aum and painkiller would be second (note that I could not test 4 projects).

grin grin I didn't have enough time for a deep testing so probably there are more funny bugs out there grin

I use different damping settings when player is on the ground or in mid-air so maybe that's causing the issues. For falling damage I use a time counter so probably when not falling properly it thinks you are falling from a big distance grin It's a bit tricky setting all the parameters when using physics.

The main idea was making a mini-game that serves as an example of how to code an action game using physics so I hope it helps on that tongue

There are three different attacks: lmb+w (up to down attack), lmb+s (attack behind) and just lmb (normal attack, if you press if several times it will make a three hit combo) I planned adding blocking but as the character models I was using didn't have an animation for blocking I decided not to add it as I didn't have enoguh time to make the animations myself tongue

Thanks for taking your time to test it!

3D Gamestudio A8 Pro
AMD FX 8350 4.00 Ghz
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB