Hello again Forum,

Recently I started building my first, serious map for my game.
Before that, I only used simple little maps with a few blocks for reference, but now I want to go bigger and better.

My map consists of a few pieces of terrain (3x3) and imported .mdl-files that I made in the MED (Those imported files are counted as blocks by the WED).
The imported .mdls / blocks are trees and houses for example.
The only "true" WED Blocks I have used are for alpha walls.

According to the WED-Data, I currently have about 2230 Blocks and 193 Entities placed down.

For some reason (and it was extremely time-consuming to find out) as soon as I start to put in more blocks than about 2230, the Map Compiler will always crash, "Map Compiler has stopped working".

My compiling parameters are the following:

The light in the map is completely unimportant, if possible I would have turned light calculations off completely. I only want the map to be rendered.

Also, BSP- or simple map does not really matter to me, but according to the manual, simple is faster.
I have set some parameters in a way that (according to the manual) help to speed up the building process (but it is mostly the same).

My map is nowhere near completion, I merely did a part of it and I can not go bigger since the Compiler will crash. (File size of the map is relatively small, 45mB).

I also tried it with my A7 Extra Edition Compiler (Old Compiler Version: 7.30) but it also does not work.

My questions are the following:
- Is it possible to prevent the compiler crashing?
- Can I place more blocks or did I hit a limit?
- Are there other ways of compiling a 3D-Gamestudio map?

I am very thankful for any help I can get, I seem to run into a lot of problems recently frown .

Last edited by Yking; 05/28/17 23:32.