Long time no see! Sorry about that, there's so much going on right now that I rarely had the chance to post something new here. But that doesn't mean there's nothing happening with Rigid Force Alpha!
I recently switched to full-time development and am currently in the process of polishing all my content and finalizing the levels. Next up will be balancing, which is long overdue. I've also planned to add additional gameplay modes for enhanced long-term motivation.

During the past months I reworked the overall gameplay system, which is now a bit more coherent, and it's working nicely. I think I'll tell you more about that in one of my next posts. Until then, you'll find some random impressions from the last few months under this one.

And not to forget: There's now an offical project website which you can reach under www.com8com1.com, as well as Facebook and Twitter sites. You can also find us on IndieDB and Tumblr . We've got some cool content prepared, so make sure to stay in touch and follow us!

Quote:
RFA's new player respawn routine - and some nice explosions

Quote:
Our new player ship. Mesh is final so far, the texture will receive a few additional details later.

Quote:
I don't have much of a clue about shader programming, but I wanted enemies to flash up when hit. Without really knowing what I was doing, I edited Kartoffel's shaders a bit and eventually I managed to create this nice hit flash effect. Lucky me!

Quote:
Another result of random shader editing: I implemented an option to adjust the color of this mini boss, so I can easily make it fade from light green to a deep red according to its health points.