OK, folks, another PCXanim Version !

Hope I don't annoy you too much with my hobby software.

The new version has some bug fixes and enhanced functions especially for cyclic brushes. New animation examples are included.

Update information from the Readme.rtf:

NEW (Update from 28.July 2017)

Bugfixes:

Save animation bmp bug fixed. No crases anymore.

Windows Pagefile filling bug fixed. A double function call filled up the windows pagefile until animation and Paintbox
work was nearly impossible. Fixed.

When in Paintbox mode CPU usage increased to 100% even when nothing was done by the user. Fixed. CPU usage is normal now.

Blur and 4field Blur did not blur the first frame of an animation sometimes. Fixed.

Fade to top: Better balancing for 256x512 framesize.

New Functions:

When starting Pcxanim asks you now how it should be executed, windowed or fullscreen.

Fastbutton for 10x256x512 memory bmp allocation added.

New functions for cyclic brushes (And they are mostly valid for cyclic brushes only):

Pressing "U" while in paintbox mode undoes the last action.

Scale by addpix: After every click the cyclic brush size is increased by x number of pixels. The value can be entered
after pressing the options button for the Paintbox. When pressing "R" while putting a brush in the animation frame the
original size of the brush will be restored.

Scale to top: The higher you paste the cyclic brush in the animation frame, the bigger it will be.

Make seamless: Brushes will also be pasted with a framesize offset at the opposite border when pasted near a frame border.
This will make your animation borderseamless/tileable. Make seamles is also valid for single brushes, in case that you want to use a frame as a tilable not animated texture.

Autoflip hor: Flips the animation brush after every pasting horizontally. Can create nice FX.

Autoflip vert: Flips the animation brush after every pasting vertically. Can create nice FX also.

Pressing the left arrow key while in paintbox mode rotates the animation brush 18 degrees left. The right arrow key rotates the anibrush 18 degrees right. This feature can create bowed animation streams. PLEASE (!) use this feature very carefully. I had program crashes when using the brushrotation to often or to wild. I tried to find this bug for about a week and gave up because it is somewhere in the deep of the profan runtime or prospeed.dll, not sure. Anyway, if you have a crash have a look at the BUNDO.bmp in the work folder of pcxanim. It should contain the last animation from Pcxanim paintbox. Rename it to BUNDO+10.bmp first(when using a ten frame animation) and reload it. Then load the animbrush you used and continue your work. Sorry for the inconvenience, but i have not the slightiest idea where the bug comes from. But I will keep it on my batch.
However, the results with rotated brushes can be very impressive, so give it a try. All other anibrush functions are not affected by this bug.

You can download the new version (July 2017) from here:

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/Pcxanim_1.7.zip

Best whishes, keep up your Gamestudio work.

NeoDumont

Last edited by NeoDumont; 07/29/17 01:09.