Hi Realspawn !

First, Thank you for all the time and work you gave to the Gstudio Community and the Gstudio forum.

I hope you make no mistake, because that long being a member of the Gstudio community, you must be pretty familiar with Gstudio. Switching to a new 3D Game System to me is like after mastering the piano "Change to the cello now and become a virtuoso on this instrument". I know you make music, and you will definitely understand what I mean. Starting with a new system takes some time and the new system will NOT offer the manpower we all need to make a good game: Story, Level design, Characters and their animations,Skinning, textures, good scripts, good music, good sound FX, testing the Game and so on.

Also, after thinking about the multiplatform Game Editors/engines myself, I think Windows PCs with DX and a good monitor. are still the most importand Game plattforms. Nobody will enjoy to play a 3DGame like Skyrim on Android smartphones or Win/tablets or even on a laptop in a park. Linux and Macs maybe an option, but, but, but... Game Consoles ? O.K.

Unity also has a shop build in called Assets Store. I hate stuff like this. Sorry, yes, Im Oldscool :-), I do it myself.

I dont think that "Gamestudio is dead". You can see pop up new projects in the showcase. I only think that many of the people who bought Gstudio were not aware that Game creation is hard work and stresses nerves (inluding bugs) and needs some time. Or they do not master programs like MED.

Gstudio offers a lot of features imho, and do not forget there were a lot of addons and tools, scripst and plugins given to the community by very good programmers (unlike me)

But anyway, if you think you can do better with unity or the unreal engine (very remarkable anyway), give it try. Perhaps will come back later.

Best wishes and thanks again.

Neodumont

Still struggeling with "1913 a race before the war", Historical St. Pauli Millerntor Scenario from 1803, PCXanim "Mergenthaler edition" and some other stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had boat I would go out on the ocean,
and if I had a pony, I would ride upon my boat.