Originally Posted By: RealSerious3D
Originally Posted By: Kartoffel
But since I'm doing what I do solo, I don't even feel like taking a look at Unreal Engine right now. Mainly because I don't think I have the skill (and time?) to finish a full-blown 3d project smirk (edit: also UE4 looks really complicated and somewhat bloated to me)

One thing that attracts me to UE4 is Blueprints, a schematic way of programming your UE4 game/application. I was skeptical and have not delved into it yet, but just about everyone I talk to tells me that Blueprints is both powerful/flexible and easy to use. For a virtual non-programmer like me, that is pretty attractive.

after lite-c Blueprints are easy. it is also programming but in a visual way, the logic is similar... (but object oriented)
the same is valid for UE4's material editor, after some 3dgs shader knowledge it is relatively easy to use.

I really recommend UE4 for any 1st or 3rd person game, especially for multiplayer. there are tons of basic/advanced tutorials and free stuff available (large community with talented people sharing projects/plugins) enabling you to make a high quality game much faster than with 3dgs. the editor gives you great options even for creating AI for your NPCs. and it is also easier to find team members for a project...

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor