Originally Posted By: Redeemer
Quote:
@Superku has his current project at 95%.

Yeah, for the past few years! Come on Superku, time to finish that thing!

Haha I'm trying... frown
I'm so done with making linear story based game(s) (including cutscenes and all that horrible stuff), I won't touch a game idea like that for ages after Superku.

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
If anyone else is looking to move away from Acknex, try Unreal4, I'd be surprised if you end up regretting it.

Never was into Unity and looked forward to getting into Unreal 4 with C++. After a few weeks of trying to code in Unreal 4 - procedural game and mesh stuff - I was pretty bummed though. I was fighting the whole framework more than doing anything else. They try to make it approachable with blueprints and a few often used classes you derive from, yet I find that detrimental to actual coding in (UE4)C++, similar to the post(s) in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/co..._engine_4_isnt/
Managed to procedurally generate some stuff, then had enough of UE4 for now sadly. Tried Unity a month later and, much to my surprise, I found coding in it a lot more enjoyable. Haven't tried proc gen stuff in Unity yet but - in contrast to UE4 - I'm looking forward to it.

Despite my experience I think UE4 probably is the better engine and toolset still - if you can somehow manage to get used to it.

EDIT: @MasterQ32, interesting, keep us updated!

Last edited by Superku; 11/09/17 07:14.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends