UPDATE!

This project aims to recreate wolf3d style/feeling (oldschool fps). It will have basic map editor to create game levels and chapter editor, to link up to 10 levels together, in order to create custom stories/chapters. Currently all main game mechanics were remade! Next step is editor + levels. Project will be published free for free and commercial use. Mostly all resources used in project are selfmade! But some were taken from free resources:
Sprite credits:
- Explosion sprite created by Luis Zuno (ansimuz.itch.io)
- NPC sprites by elihaun (elihaun.itch.io) (animated by me)
- bullet impact sprites made by ZappedCow (zappedcow.itch.io)
- props sprites made by Kenney Vleugels for Kenney (www.kenney.nl)

Project uses one function to update/handle all game logic, and thus doesn't use any wait pattern (thanks to MasterQ32 and Superku). It doesn't use any pathfinding, but obstacle avoidance for AI. I tried to keep things as simple and clean, as it was possible for me to write. Also, project doesn't use any shaders (almost.. I had to use simple one, in order to fix z failing on sprites with alpha channel, if you know a better way, please tell me), so it's possible to compile it with free version of Acknex.

Screenshots:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Video on youtube:
[Linked Image]

I would like to thank all of community members for helping till this day! Few of them I would like to mention:
Felix Queißner aka MasterQ32 (thank you for teaching me and just for being as awesome as you are bro!)
Rene Pol aka Realspawn (thank you for providing me with pro version of Acknex bro!)
Jose Miguel aka txesmi (thank you for your awesome shader pipeline bro!)
Felix Pohl aka Superku (thank you for your awesome pathfinding and tip of the week series bro!)
EvilSOB (thank you for helping me when I was starting! sadly, I don't know your name bro)
EVO (thank you for offering your help with map editor!)

Best regards.

Last edited by 3run; 08/27/19 19:02. Reason: updated project info

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung