This question addresses mainly those who have been playing for two decades (or more) and those who are younger but know the dusty stuff from back then. What has changed in PC-Games over the last 20 years (or so)? The reason for my question will become clear later. Just think about for now: During 1996 to roughly 2002/2003 we had a host of classics that still sell well on platforms like GOG (if they are sold).

Half-life, Unreal, No One Live Forever 1&2, Thief - The Dark Project 1&2, Baldurs Gate 1&2, Deus Ex, Starcraft (not my cup of tea but extremely well done), Forsaken, Unreal, Shogo: Mobile Armored Division, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Jedi Knight 1&2 - those are just off the top of my hat. We probably can add a ton more.

If you remember those games and compare them to those that are produced today - what is different, what is better now, what was better back then? Bonus quesion: What game prodcued between 2015 and today will likley attain a similar legendary status?

(Disclaimer: I have been a pro-for-hire in the industry between 1998 and 2004 and I like to learn how modern games tick. And why.)

Last edited by Loremaster; 01/03/18 03:33.