Originally Posted By: Superku

This is not quite true, you can remove the entity immediately on creation (in its action or after ent_create). I do this all the time in my game based on level progress/ checkpoints.

If you don't use PROC_GLOBAL (at all in your code - which IMO you really shouldn't, it's buggy in my opinion and does nasty stuff as described indirectly by Firoball) removing an entity will stop its (while(1) loop) function.

There's a chance the limitation for ptr_remove was abandoned in later editions. I remember in the past it was necessary, but you'd notice immediately due to error message popup (always).

As for the while(1) thing I remember I in fact had severe problems of entity functions getting attached to other entities due to the "my" pointer. It was complex functionality reacting on events though, and not some "move, rotate and scale object around" thingy. Again, maybe things have improved by now, I think I had this in A5.
I'm pretty sure you can still produce skipping entity loops by calling ptr_remove in events (which you should never ever do. No, don't even think about this! grin )