For all intrested...i mean unity's asset store is a great place to find Content stuff.

I will Point out how u get the files mentioned here
Quote:
When I checked the contents on disk I saw it keeps the original .fbx in the folder structure along with plenty of Unity-only meta data.

() Buy your asset in store ( Unity / Windows / Asset Store )
() In your Content tab click "Download"
() Then click "Import" ( another window appears click Import again )
() Now Unity decompresses the package youve downloaded before

All files are now stored in the Folder ..User/documents/Your Unity Project/Asset Name.
The most files you can ignore, its unity stuff. But ull find FBX and of course the textures.
With a quick convert to FBX 2010 with for example Autodesk FBX Converter (free) you can Import them into MED.

If the Import doesnt work ( will happen on some newer models with effect stuff ) Import it first into Blender. Save again as FBX. Convert again. Import into MED. This should do the trick. FragMotion Comes in Handy btw.

edit:
Old rules are still intact. Buy a model with animations. Easy workflow. Buy model without Animation...Horror like before wink
edit2:
Animated models normally come with one Animation per FBX file. For example Monster_idle.fbx
With fragmotion u can merge those anims with one click ( cause of the same bone structure ) making one single file out of them. Iam using half life2 SMD Format when building those single files with fragmotion, most times good working.
Like said most times. The newer models i realized another trick cause all apps like fragmo milkshape etc wasnt able to save. If u have your FBX2010 files directly Import into MED using the "Save Frame to file/load from file" function to make one single file out of the animations. Worked like a charm.

This only works for models that already have animations of course. Not talking about MecAnim animations.

Last edited by rayp; 04/27/18 19:08.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;