Hey friends! I spoke a little too soon.

The set texture instruction I put above does work mostly.....until the models that have legitimate 5th and 6th textures randomly flash OTHER entity skins from other models that do not have 5th and 6th textures!

When a model with this shader doesnt have a 5th or 6th texture, and I return color; within the pixel shader, the model can sometimes grab other textures in memory(textures from entitys that use the same shader but with textures 5 and 6 present in their model), even with enable_render on. This seems like normal behavior.

However, models with the same shader but with the extra 5th or 6th texture present in their models, these can show their texture correctly when I do a return color; in the pixel shader....however very rarely even these models can flash other textures, ive had to record these instances on bandicam to make sure I wasnt seeing things!

I tried SetTexture calls outside of the material event, but it doesnt work, it needs to be constantly running in the material event.

Its obviously pointing to the d3d functions as the culprit. But why would a shader thats run independantly on each model still grab textures from other models in memory, even with pointing to the d3d texture?

Ultimately, I wanted more custom textures for each entity besides the 4 entskins, so that these extra textures would be use as masks and stuff for things like cloth movement and stuff.

Last edited by jumpman; 08/09/18 16:05.