Thanks @all! laugh

Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
Congrats with your release. I've read in a review that you have to restart the whole campaign if your lives/credits are exhausted, is this true?

Yeah, that's true! Since RFA's gameplay is strongly based on classic shoot'em ups, it uses this genre-typical characteristic. I have noticed that one or two reviewers don't like this mechanic, but maybe they just misunderstand the game's arcade-style principles. See, when you play a shooter in the arcades, you won't be able to save, either. wink

Fans of the genre actually expect this restriction and get along well with it, and usually they are able to play through the game after a few attempts. This learning curve and the required memorization related to it is part of the shmup experience. In fact, it's not limited to RFA; you'll also find this in other modern shooters, like Super Hydorah or Astebreed.

On the other hand, please also keep it in mind that you get 3 lives and 3 credits from the start, so you get 9 chances to play through and you can also collect further lives throughout the game. I think it's all balanced in a very fair way. Plus: After you beat a stage, you can always practice it in Arcade mode as often and as long as you like.